60 Days Out
- Contact the GV Chamber for more information
- Apply for the Boise County Mass Gather permit if applicable
- Reserve Weilmunster Park in the city limits of Crouch, see Mass Gathering Permit.
- Reserve the Community Hall, Senior Center, or other venue.
- Reserve lodging accomodations
45 Days Out
Once you have made the above arrangments:
- Contact media about event
- Send information to [email protected] so we can add the event to our calendar, website, and Facebook page.
- Have posters or flyers made for the event – send one to us also so we can post it.
- Contact corporate sponsors and get their logos for your flyers etc.
- Contact vendors if you plan to provide spaces for them at the event.
- Have directional signs made for the event
- Contact people if you plan on decorations, flowers, rented equipment, caterers, photographers etc… We have people to help with these here in Garden Valley!
- Send out invitations/announcements, email, social media…
- Draft a timeline, finalize budget and hold the first walk through.
30 Days Out
- Ticket sales for your event need to start now if not sooner.
- Place newspaper ads, follow up with media, social media, radio ads etc..
- Contact VIP’s, celebrities, participants, and confirm their participation.
- Give estimate of guests to caterer/restaurant or other food service provider.
- Assign seating, set head table and speakers platform is necessary.
- Confirm transportation if individuals are not responsible for their own.
- Confirm lodging accomodations.
- Re-confirm venue.
- Confirm security and parking.
- Confirm deliveries and equipment rentals, decorations, etc..
One Week Out
- Meet with committees if this applies.
- Do phone or email follow ups
- Do final walk through with volunteers to bring them up to speed.
- Rented equipment, decoration, catered events, photographers, confirm timelines.
- Follow up with media
- Distribute additional flyers
- Make arrangmenets for rehearsal if needed.
- Have checks ready for payment the day of the event.
- Arrive early
- Set up, and make sure nothing is missing. Have someone you can call in Boise in case something was left behind.
- Check sound/lighting equipment to insure everything is working properly.
- Hold final walk through/rehersal
- HAVE FUN!